Well, hi there, Fight-For-Your-Rights-Fanatics and Faithful Followers!!
You guys, politics and social activism is super-hot right now. Ever since the world changed overnight – on that unforgettable day I know we all remember when we found out that kale, teeth whitening and getting married were out, and deep-fried avocados, eyebrow extensions, and having children were in – I’ve become increasingly aware of things, like how important it is to raise awareness.
Literally the biggest thing to remember in issues-based blogging is that not everybody is going to agree with your opinion on the big stories of the day, so it’s much easier to pick a couple of minority issues and really own them.
This is why my blogs on discrimination against able-bodied male models and starving avocado farmers are now considered to be the last word on those topics, and I get to crush anyone who disagrees with what I say about them.
That doesn’t mean I stop there, though. I’m so grateful for the overwhelming love I get from you guys that it sometimes feels like I can never give back enough. That’s why I’ve taken up the causes too of Blogger’s Rights (don’t you dare tell us what a sponsored post is or isn’t!! We got to eat same as anyone!), fat-shaming goldfish, #Selfies4DBlind and Cupcakes For Africa.
List: The Top 10 Hottest Political Potatoes For Bloggers Right Now
- When Hashtags Go Bad
- Full Disclosure: I Said I Watched The Handmaid’s Tale, But I Literally Didn’t
- Help! I’d Rather Talk about Paleo than Presidents
- Can Men Be Too Feminist?
- When Pantsuits Go Bad
- Are Non-Voters Sexier?
- What I Wore on Polling Day
- My Dad Told Me To Pay My Taxes… Is He A Communist?
- The Conspiracy Against Anti-Ageing Products
- Democracy 101: The 10 Sexiest Losing Presidential Candidates of All Time
Top Five: How To Find Your Cause And Own It
Choosing a cause to make a splash about online is TOUGH. I know one former blogger who lost thousands of followers on Insta overnight, just for saying they didn’t believe in charcoal-activated smoothies.
But follow my step-by-step guide, and you’ll never make a misstep online.
- Think outside the box. Literally. Boxes always have stuff written on them. Great #inspo.
- On the other hand, always think within the hashtag. If what’s to the right of that hashtag sign ain’t snappy, don’t you go NEAR [whatever the biggest thing since Snapchat is when this goes to print].
- Find a neglected issue close to your heart. That’s how I came up with Prada for the Poor, and we ALL know what happened then (and I don’t just mean the freebies)
- Think visually. A great hashtag will only help your cause if you’ve got a great image to go with it. If you need help with this please go to my website where I will license you stock photos of animals with handbags or sad children in ugly clothes GIFs, for a small fee.
- Be The Power To Change! To really own an issue you need to produce cast-iron results, such as petitions and viral hashtag campaigns. Once it hits the Top 20 trending topics your work is DONE.
That’s it for this week, you guys!! Hope you have as much fun caring about the world and society as I do!! Tune in next week, for stuff that’s even more important – that’s right. We’re talking FASHION, fans!!! #LoveYouSo #DressForChange #FightForFashion